Prado Museum (Skip the Line) | Descripción

The building now is home to the Prado Museum was designed by architect Juan de Villanueva in 1785, as a Cabinet of Natural Sciences, by order of Carlos III. However, the final destination of this construction would not be clear until her grandson Fernando VII, driven by his wife Queen Maria Isabel de Braganza, he made the decision to dedicate this building to the creation of a Royal Museum of Paintings and Sculptures. The Prado Museum, first opened to the public in 1819.